Join us for an exciting discussion about the future of Miami! Held at FIU Miami Beach Urban Studios on Lincoln Road, this event will feature Columbia alumnae and Miami-Dade Commissioner Daniella Levine Cava. A distinguished panel will discuss topics including:
- What is South Florida's outlook in 2018? What infrastructure projects are poised for most improvement?
- What areas are set for most growth and how does our transit and infrastructure adapt? What is driving that growth?
- How will projects like the Brightline and the Underline transform how we think about transit in South Florida?
- How can create more accessibility in Southern Florida and can we mitigate rising costs for residents?
- What areas are surging and positioned for most population growth, and how can our infrastructure adapt?
- Daniella Levine Cava (LAW'81, MSW'83), Commissioner, Miami-Dade County District 8
- John Stuart (GSAPP'91), Associate Dean for CARTA, FIU Department of Architecture
- Jason Chandler, Chair and Associate Professor, FIU Department of Architecture
- Glenn Boyer (GSAPP'03), Director of Development, PLC Investments
Moderator: Jordan Trachtenberg (GSAPP'08), President, Columbia Club of South Florida
FIU Miami Beach Urban Studios is located on the 4th floor of the iconic 420 Lincoln Road building at the corner of Lincoln Road and Washington Avenue in Miami Beach. Parking is available on the street, at the 420 Parking Garage (entrance on 16th Street between Drexel and Washington Avenues), or there are several parking garages are located within walking distance.
Please RSVP below. We are requesting a $5.00 contribution from attendees to help the Columbia Club of South Florida continue to hold events such as this. If you have a financial hardship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will waive requested the contribution.