Networking is one of the best ways to reconnect with your fellow alumni and make inroads for that next career step! Recent CAA Networking Hours have drawn alumni from all professions, including entrepreneurs, writers, healthcare professionals, and lawyers. Most of them credit networking with other alumni for their career success.
This event is a great opportunity to virtually connect to the Columbia network, which is over 320,000 alumni strong. Mingle with alumni professionals interested in finding collaborators, sharing resources and inspiring new projects.
Industries will include:
- Business & Finance
- Entrepreneurs & Start-Ups
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Media & Entertainment
Don’t see your industry? You can join the “Wildcard” group for a chance to meet alumni from a variety of different backgrounds.
No matter where you are in the world, you can sign in from your home, office, or coffee shop. Best of all: it's free and only open to Columbia alumni. You never know who you might meet!
How It Works
- Be sure to register for the event in advance.
- On the day and time of the event, log-in and join the live session. You will receive log-in details 24-hours and 2-hours before the event.
- All you need is a computer— you can sign in from anywhere!
- Chats are text-based (no video) and timed (8-minutes)
- Once you enter the live event, you will arrive in the virtual “lobby.” Click “View” to enter a booth, and make your status “Available” when you’re ready to begin chatting with other attendees. Next, go to the "Dashboard" located in the top right hand corner to see the chats come through.
- You'll have the option to chat with up to 3 people at one time.
- After the event, you can revisit the event dashboard to view your connections, chat transcripts, and follow-up notes.